An Electronic Meeting System (EMS) is an electronic method of conducting any and all activities that can occur in a face-to-face or distance meeting. EMS provide a computer-based system that facilitates problem-solving and decision-making. Standard features include electronic brainstorming, parallel processing, discussion tools and voting.
A typical implemented project would consist of these elements:
- Conference system made of participant units, chairman unit; card sign-in with the card containing the generalities of the participant, voting with the card, proccessing of the presence, voting and other data through the computer software; saving the data for the session in a database, etc;
- Video-tracking to attain the vizual monitoring of the delegates in the room with the camera automatically focusing the speaking person;
- Simultaneous interpretation system for multi-lingual meetings comprised of interpretation units, IR transmitters & IR receivers for participants;
- Integrated video-conferencing for multi-location meetings;
- Visual media such as tv screens, video-projectors, etc.
As a Project Manager with Teater TV Studio Sh.p.k., I have gained experience in the implementation of these systems in different sites, with well appreciated results.